Emanuel County Schools Classroom Visitation Procedure
To ensure parents the opportunity to learn about school activities, they will be invited to visit their child/children’s classrooms during predetermined times. In order to avoid distracting students from their work and also to comply with the legal requirements for privacy, the district has established the following guidelines:
1. To safeguard the welfare of ALL children, no person including parents, has permission to visit any classroom unannounced and without first contacting the principal.
2. Visitors should contact the school principal at least one week prior to requested formal visit.
3. The principal is charged with the responsibility of reviewing any school level rules governing visitation.
4. The principal should notify the teacher and arrange a day and time.
5. The principal or his/her designee will accompany the visitor to the room.
6. Visitations shall not exceed one time per week and each visit shall not exceed fifteen minutes.
Permission to visit can be denied. This is left to the discretion of the principal/and or central office administration.