View Events/Assignments for
- Six Flags Read to Succeed Program
This year, our class will be participating in an exciting program that encourages students in grades K through 6 to read for fun. Read to Succeed is a free program sponsored by Six Flags Theme Parks.
Every student who completes SIX (6) hours of recreational reading before FEBRUARY 28, 2018 is eligible for a FREE admission ticket to the Six Flags Over Georgia Theme Park!
Students will bring home a parent letter for you to sign and a reading log for participation in the program.
Here’s what you need to know:
• Review the reading log. Your child should use this reading log to record what and how long he/she reads. Please initial each entry and then sign the reading log to verify that the 6 hours of reading has been completed. Your child must complete 6 hours, or 360 minutes, of recreational reading.
• Your child can read books, magazines, newspapers, or comic books (digital or hard copy). Reading for homework or a class assignment does NOT count.
• Students can read silently, aloud, or with an adult—you can read to your child, or your child can read to you.
• Late entries will NOT be accepted.
You can read more information about this exciting program on the handouts that will be sent in Friday Folders.
- Novel Reading: Shiloh
Novel Reading: Shiloh
At SES, we are focusing on improving literacy.
This week, we are continuing our Novel Reading: Shiloh. Studentsare being encouraged to model the skills of a good reader tocomprehend and determine the theme of texts.
- Ask your child what character or event they like best and why?
- Ask your child what theme(s) can be found in this story?
- Review the chapter comprehension questions handout with your child (it should be stored in their notebook).
Pick one (or more) of the activities to do this week!
- Six Flags Read to Succeed Materials
Great resource for additional practice in all subjects!
Amazing online library with numerous of online books for students to read!
We are already using ReadTheory in the classroom. Your child's ReadTheory curriculum is based on their individual needs and reading level.
No Slideshows Available