6th Grade Math Syllabus
Curriculum: Georgia Standards of Excellence www.georgiastandards.org
Textbook: Glencoe Georgia Math Vols. 1 & 2
SMS Rules: Per student handbook
- DMR (Daily Math Review)-Upon entering the classroom, students will work on daily math review exercises.
- Opening – Students will be introduced to the standard and essential questions for the day.
- Work Session - The bulk of class time will be spent on classroom exercises, short lectures with note taking, group work, and in class assignments. Any assignment not completed in class will be considered homework.
- Closing - At the end of class students will work on a reflection exercise covering the standard that was learned in class that day.
- Students will be issued homework Monday through Thursday. All homework will be checked the following school day. Points may be deducted for late work. Students must show all work in pencil.
Discipline Policy: 6th Grade Discipline Procedures
1st offense – Warning/Redirection
2nd offense – Student Conference
3rd offense – Parental Contacts
4th offense – One Block Intervention
5th offense – Office Referral
- Grades at Swainsboro Middle School are awarded on a percentage scale, 20%-Unit Tests/Major
Projects, 40%-Quizzes/Chapter Tests, 40%- Homework/Classwork.
- Late assignments will only be accepted according to student handbook.
- It is the students’ responsibility to make up any missed work.
Teacher Contact Information:
Together Everyone Achieves More!