6th Grade Math Syllabus
Curriculum: Georgia Standards of Excellence www.georgiastandards.org
Textbook: Glencoe Georgia Math Vols. 1 & 2
SMS Rules: Per student handbook
- DMR (Daily Math Review)-Upon entering the classroom, students will work on daily math review exercises.
- Opening – Students will be introduced to the standard and essential questions for the day.
- Work Session - The bulk of class time will be spent on classroom exercises, short lectures with note taking, group work, and in class assignments. Any assignment not completed in class will be considered homework.
- Closing - At the end of class students will work on a reflection exercise covering the standard that was learned in class that day.
- Students will be assigned homework Monday through Thursday. All homework will be checked the following school day. Points may be deducted for late work. Students must show all work in pencil.
Discipline Policy: 6th Grade will follow the SMS 4-Step Plan
Level 1 and Level 2 Violations – Step 1: Warning/Redirection and Parent Contact
(Minor Violations) Step 2: Lunch Detention or One Block and Parent Contact
Step 3: After School Detention and Parent Contact
Step 4: Office Referral and Parent Contact
Level 3 (MajorViolations) – Office Referral and Parent Contact
- Grades at Swainsboro Middle School are awarded on a percentage scale: 40%-Quizzes/Projects, 40%- Homework/Classwork, 20%-Unit Tests/Chapter Tests.
- Late assignments will only be accepted according to student handbook.
Parents must provide a written excuse. It is the students’ responsibility to make up any missed work.
Teacher Contact Information: Email : email@example.com
Remind: Text the following codes to 81010
1st Block: @cannad1
2nd Block: @cannad2
3rd Block: @cannad3
4th Block: @cannad4
#Tiger Pride: Personal Responsibility in Demonstrating Excellence
Parent signature: ___________________________ Student signature: __________________________