A program that allows high school students (9th-12th grade) to earn college credit while working on their high school diploma. Students earn post-secondary credit hours while simultaneously meeting their high school graduation completion requirements.
Important Deadlines for Summer and Fall 2020
April 1, 2020 -- Priority Deadline for submitting all paperwork and scheduling an appointment with post-secondary institution for DE schedule.
May 1, 2020 -- Final Deadline for submission of all paperwork and scheduling an appointment with post-secondary institution for DE schedule. Students will not be accepted into the DE program after this date for the Summer and Fall 2020 semester. Students wishing to participate after this deadline will work toward Spring 2021 semester.
Steps to Get Started as a Dual Enrollment Student
Steps to complete at the high school:
- Meet with high school counselor about interest in Dual Enrollment program, requirements, and advisement.
- Attend mandatory parent meeting.
- Complete testing requirements based on counselor guidance. If required scores are not achieved, follow remediation process. If student had to complete the remediation process, he/she must meet with the school counselor again prior to moving forward.
- Follow High School DE Timeline.
The following items must be submitted to the post-secondary institution:
- Submit online admissions application.
- Submit preliminary high school transcript reflecting required academic GPA.
- Provide Lawful Presence documentation to post-secondary institution (ie. Copy of GA issued ID/driver’s license, current passport, or provide certified copy of birth certificate).
- Provide qualifying test scores via score report for SAT, ACT, Compass, or Accuplacer.
- For EGSC, provide completed and signed EGSC Immunization form: http://www.ega.edu/images/uploads/immunization-form.pdf
- Submit Dual Enrollment Student Participation Agreement signed by student, parent/guardian, and approved by high school counselor. Must have to be admitted and for each semester student attends as Dual Enrollment student.
- Complete the GAfutures Dual Enrollment Funding Application with guidance counselor and parent/guardian and submit prior to beginning classes at the post-secondary institution. The GAfutures Dual Enrollment Funding Application is how Dual Enrollment classes are paid for and must be submitted each semester a student participates in the Dual Enrollment program.