- Guidance for COVID-19 Prevention in Schools
- FY22 COVID-19 Quarantine Best Practices
- The difference between quarantine and isolation
- Wellness: Keeping Yourself and Your Students Emotionally and Physically Well
Below please find the most recent DPH COVID-19 Guidance from the Georgia Department of Public Health.
Emanuel County Schools believes that in-person learning is best for students, and we are looking forward to Emanuel County students and staff continuing in-person learning in the 2022-2023 school term.
During periods of high COVID-19 community levels, we understand some students, in very limited circumstances, may have a documented health or medical need for home-bound instruction. In these instances, parent(s)/guardian(s) will be required to submit the required hospital-homebound paperwork which includes among other things, the healthcare provider’s documentation of the student’s health/medical diagnosis that requires homebound instruction. Parent(s)/guardian(s) wishing to submit a request for hospital-homebound services should contact the school guidance counselor to obtain the appropriate paperwork. The Director of Student Services reviews and processes these requests.
Students enrolled in home-bound instruction will not be eligible to participate in extra-curricular activities, athletics, or marching band.
- Visit this link for the most up-to-date quarantine guidelings. https://dph.georgia.gov/
- Your Emanuel County School System's goal is to keep our students, staff, and families as safe as possible.
- The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends the wearing of masks by all citizens to continue to help reduce the spread of COVID. The Emanuel County School System continues to follow the CDC guidelines regarding the recommendations for wearing masks.
- At this time, Emanuel County Schools (ECS) will not issue mandated precautionary quarantines to asymptomatic students or staff for close contact at school with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Our Nurses/designees will monitor exposed student(s)/staff members daily for signs of symptoms during their exposure window. Parents may choose to quarantine in these instances.
- When Principals/Nurses are informed of a positive case among students or staff, they will notify any affected staff and parents/guardians of the positive case. It is important to monitor for symptoms, but no precautionary quarantines, for students or staff members, will be required.
- Students or staff who test positive for COVID-19 will continue to follow Center for Disease Control (CDC)/Georgia Department of Health (DPH) guidelines, which requires staying at home for 5 days since symptoms first appeared and until becoming fever-free, without the use of fever-reducing medications, for 24 hours before returning to work or school.
- The Emanuel County School System continues to follow the CDC guidelines regarding the wearing of masks. The wearing of masks in ECS is strongly recommended.
- These guidelines are fluid and subject to change as we receive further guidance from the CDC and our GA DPH.
It's important during this time to stay well. Here are some resources for doing that!
Try to do something physical each day like taking a walk or some other physical activity that you enjoy (observing physical distancing, of course).
- Mindfulness exercises to share with students (click here)
- Yoga for young kids video (click here)
- Guided Imagery for Kids (click here)
CDC developed a website: Stress and Coping – Need Help? Know Someone Who Does?