Skip To Main Content


Proof of Student’s AgePresent one of the following:
 A certified copy of a birth certificate; or
 A federal, state, county, or school document with date of birth.
Examples include a certified, hospital-issued birth record or birth certificate; military ID; valid driver’s license; passport; adoption record; religious record, signed by an authorized religious official; official school transcript; official immigration documentation; or affidavit of age sworn by parent/guardian or other authorized person accompanied by a certificate of age signed by a licensed, practicing physician which states the physician has examined the child and believes the age, as stated in the affidavit, is substantially correct.
For a fee, parents can order a birth certificate for a child born in Georgia through the state’s ROVER service.
Proof of Authorized Person to Enroll
The following persons are authorized to enroll students:
 Parent (natural or adoptive)
 Legal guardian
 Grandparent with a properly executed Power of Attorney for the Care of a Minor Child
 Kinship caregiver with a properly executed Kinship Caregiver Affidavit
 Foster parent appointed by a state agency
 Sponsor for approved International Exchange Program
The person authorized to enroll should present one of the following:
 Driver’s license
 State identification card
 Passport
 Other official photo identification
Immunization/Health Certificates
 Valid certificate of immunization (Ga. Health Depart. Form #3231), or a notarized Affidavit of Religious Exemption (Department of Health Form #2208 – available from the local school) is required for enrollment. The certificate of immunization must be completed by the health department of your health care provider. A valid form #3231 must be marked with either “Date of Expiration” or as “Completed for School Attendance.” (A certificate marked with a “Date of Expiration” expires on the date indicated. A current certificate must be submitted within 30 days of expiration.) A medical exemption, if applicable, should be noted on Form #3231 with a current date of expiration.
 Vision, Hearing, Dental and Nutrition Screening (Ga. Health Dept. Form #3300, rev.2013), available from the health department or your doctor/dentist. Letters from appropriate healthcare professionals and out-of-state certificates are acceptable, if completed within the last 12 months and stapled to the state form.
Continued on Back
Registration Documents-English 12/2019
Proof of Residency
(Present one from Column A and Column B to show that a family lives in the attendance zone.)
Column A: Column B:
Present one of the following (must include address): AND
 Non-contingent sales contract
 Current lease/rental agreement
 Most recent income tax return
 Current Paycheck stub
 Current residential property tax statement or bill
 Current warranty or quit claim deed
 Current home purchase agreement
 Current homeowner’s insurance policy
Residency Affidavit: If the student’s family is residing in the home or apartment of another individual, the following is necessary for enrollment:
1. Notarized third-person Affidavit of Residency (available at school) including:
a. Signature of person with who the family is living,
b. Signature of legal guardian of student, and
c. Apartment manager’s signature, if applicable.
2. Two Forms of Proof of Residency for person with who family is living (See Proof of Residency section)
3. One piece of business mail in the parent/legal guardian’s name with the address of the home or apartment in which the student is residing. (This must be provided within 30 days of enrollment.)
One of the following
 Current gas bill
 Current water bill
 Current electric bill
Important information about Proof of Residence documents  The bill must have the same name and address of the enrolling person.  A telephone bill is not acceptable.  Exception: A deed without an address is acceptable if accompanied by two utility bills (excluding telephone bills with same address in attendance zone).  If utilities included in rent, a statement from landlord may substitute for Column B as well as a piece of mail addressed to parent/guardian. Only 60 days oldOnly 60 days